Health Certificates for Travel

If you are planning on traveling with your pet to another state, or internationally, your pet will likely require a domestic health certificate to prevent the spread of disease. A pet health certificate—or a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI)—is a document that we fill out  to declare that your pet is disease-free and up-to-date on all the his or her needed vaccinations for travel. We will provide this to you after a through examination of your pet.

Airlines have their own pet travel requirements, and animal health requirements differ from state to state as well. If traveling by air, please check with your airline to see if they require a health certificate for travel with your pet. As soon as your travel dates are solidified, we encourage you to schedule an exam for a health certificate since most  certificates must be issued within 10 days of travel. Your pet must also be at least eight (8) weeks old and fully weaned before travel is advised.

If you have additional questions on health certificates and pet travel for your circumstances, visit the USDA - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service.

As always, you can also contact us for any assistance and any questions you may have.

orange tabby cat on owner's shoulder
cat with heart

Planning on traveling with your pet? Let us certify their health


What clients say about North Springs: